How to Prepare for Self-Publication
In 'How to prepare for self-publication' you will learn how to prepare your raw manuscript for print and e-publication. This will include a practical element using Microsoft Word, following publishing guidelines. Other areas you will explore are: cover design (rules for designing professional looking book covers), developing your own author websites, social media marketing and marketing material.
- An online creative writing workshop for writers with some experience (intermediate to advanced)
- Get regular feedback on your work in progress from your tutor and other group members
- Enjoy on-going, lively discussions with other writers
- Get personalised advice and suggestions from an established creative writing tutor
- Develop your writing over the course of a three-month online workshop
- Start your first draft, or finish your final edits: we can help whatever stage you’re at (and whatever you’re writing)
- In partnership with The Literary Consultancy
- Learn through four online teaching modules, made up of a detailed lesson, a discussion forum, required reading, and short writing tasks
- One day a week where the tutor is live and online to give feedback and guide your writing
- Join lively discussions about writing with your tutor and other students
- Discover the basics of plot, character, dialogue, and learn how to edit effectively
- Complete a short story for your final assignment receive detailed feedback, critique and encouragement
An intermediary-level online novel writing course
Do you want to write a novel, and then take it to a standard where it is fit for some sort of professional publication? Are you having trouble getting started? Are you already writing a novel, but having trouble finishing? Have you written a novel, or novels, but can’t get off the slush piles at the literary agents and publishers that you approach? If you have answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, then we can help.